Zits

No, not those ugly red and white dots that fill the teenage face.  Zits the comic strip about a hilariously, sarcastic teenage boy and the "trials" of his life.  I'm sure many, many people know about this comic strip but I am going to take my post on 'Z' to share a few favorites.  What makes this comic so great is how closely it mirrors life.  

Like... my dad was working on the computer and was coming up with some error.  He couldn't get it to work right.  My mom, in her sweet way of helping, suggested, "Have you checked the Zip Disk? Just put in a Zip Disk."  But she didn't have a clue what a zip disk is or used for and her suggestion was far from helpful.  Still it was good for a laugh and has become a family joke.
Some times the remind me of stories that are only slightly related.  But they're funny non-the-less.  Like the story my dad loves to tell us from when he was about 6 years old.  He and my uncle decided that instead of taking their nap like they were supposed to they were going to walk to my grandpa's furniture store.  So while my grandma napped and assumed that her boys were napping too they climbed out the bedroom window and walked several blocks to the store.  They were already on their way back by the time the cops came to find them.  To their credit they did take walkie-talkies incase they were separated.  The only problem... the walkie-talkies were connected by a 3 foot wire.  
And I think most people can relate to this next one at least some point in their lives'.  It's all part of growing up and being in that awkward stage between been seen as a child and an adult by your parents.  Maybe there are some jokes you'd never be able to share with your parents just because they are your parents.
I just have to share the next two because I find them very funny.
You can get a daily dose of Zits here or here or I'm sure a bunch of other places too (including probably your local paper).

PS. Another great thing starting with 'Z'... Zoolander! 
"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident."
-Derek Zoolander

{and now I'm done with my 26 days!}

Comments