Starting fresh

Well, the day finally came... I got a job.  After several months of perfecting my blogging skills, blog reading skills, a few sewing projects, scrapbooking, and more I have cut my free time down to nothingness.  And that's not such a bad thing because I'm happy to be working and using the "scholarly" side of my brain again.  

A week ago today I signed the lease on my new apartment in San Mateo.  It is so exciting to not have roommates.  In general, I've had good roommates, but I was ready to have a place that's really my own.  The place itself is not all that exciting, but it's nice and clean and just about the right size.  It's just a 15 min walk to the train station in the morning.

Then, work is just a 3 min walk from the last stop in San Francisco.  Gosh, I feel like such a "big city" gal now - taking the train to work.  My new job is with UCSF working for a researcher who has studies going in both San Francisco and Uganda - all pertaining to HIV.  Three days on the job and so far I'm liking it.  Done lots of reading, a lot of trying to understand my benefit options, paperwork, and some actual real work too.  

New job, new apartment, new city... it's really a new start to the next chapter of my life.  I'm excited!  

{Yes, I am a big enough dork to take my own picture on my first day of work.  My cubicle needs some serious livening up.}

Comments