Baby Booties

Remember when I gave a sneak-peak on this post?  Well, here it is and a few days early too!  

It seems like everyone I know is having babies.  Well, ok, not everyone just some college friends and a friend from grad school.  I happened to find a couple of patterns for booties and thought this would be the perfect time to give them a shot.  

The flowered and puppy dog booties are made following this pattern.   {I love to get inspired by the rest of Heather's website as well.  She does beautiful work.}  I learned a new skill, blanket stitch, for these.  Thank goodness for the endless information that can be found on the internet.  I choose to do the small size and boy are they tiny!  I can't believe these will fit, but if they don't they could be a cute decoration.  

I also really wanted to try these cloth booties.  My search for the correct fabric for the soles took me to Hart's Fabric in Santa Cruz.  I hadn't known about this store before and was excited to find it.  The girl that helped me was very friendly and after coming from Beverly's I was in awe of the amazing fabric options.  Plus they had the fabric I was looking for for the soles - fleecy on one side, suede-like on the other.  Wow, I made a mess sewing the fuzzy soles.  The fuzz went everywhere.  

I was really happy how these turned out.  Now more people need to have babies so I can make some more.  

Comments