Another curious kitty

Maybe I should make this into a multi-part series - curious cats.  Today's post is featuring my uncle's new kitten, Tux.  Tux is a spunky cat with tons of character who loves to play.  He's not above following you around the house, hoping for you to pick up a cat toy and play with him.  And if you're too busy or your arms are tired of dangling the toy he'll just play on his own.  Pouncing, bounding, and making mad dashes all over the house.  

While doing dishes I was putting the clean ones in the dishwasher away.  My uncle has a fancy, two drawer dish washer.  It's very similar to this one.  I had finished putting the pots in the bottom drawer away and was closing up the dishwasher.  The drawer didn't want to slide all the in.  Instead as I pushed on it, it felt like I was hitting a soft stop.  I didn't want to break it so I was being gentle.  I thought, maybe the top drawer needs to be open for the bottom to close.  But that didn't work either.  I could hear a little jingling as I moved the bottom drawer in and out and thought maybe something was broken in there.  I really didn't want to force it.  I had finally given up and was going to ask my uncle how to work his fancy dishwasher when from under the bottom out walked Tux.  He walked without a care in the world.  When the drawer was open and I was putting stuff away he must of scooted under and to the back behind the drawer while I wasn't looking.  The jingling wasn't a broken part - it was the little bell on his collar.  Thank goodness I didn't forcefully try to shut the drawer.  

And then from the dishwasher, Tux moved on to checking out the pots and pans cupboard.  When I tried to get him out, he just wouldn't come.  So, I got my camera instead.  Tux found the perfect spot for a little nap - the big soup pot.  Silly kitty cat!

This little kitten stole my heart.  I'm not really a big animal person.  Not that I don't like them.  It's just that I'm not gaga over them like some people.  I'm more ambivalent about them.  But this little kitty is darn cute.  


Comments