Hi there! I'd love to hear from you!

a minor disappointment

By Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So, I have been excitedly watching the strawberries begin to grow on my little plant in the big black bucket on my little patio. I have been patiently waiting as the first one began to show signs of pink and then began to turn red. I was so sure that any day now it would be ready to pick, all plump and juicy, pure summer. So, imagine my disappointment this morning when I stopped my watering to bend down and check it's progress only to find it wasn't as red as I remembered. The color had just faded away. Upon further investigation (read, turning it over) I found the back side had become completely covered in MOLD! Ewwww. So disappointing I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture of it. It went directly into the trash. Now all my hopes are pinned on the next little berries that are coming in.
Here's to second chances!

Other little bits of my life...

0 comments