home is where the art is

{Like my cheesy title?}

Aaron Brothers finally saw fit to have their Penny Sale again.  This is a great sale, especially if you're looking to stock up on some nice frames.  Or if you're like me and have an entire apartment filled with blank, white walls.  Yeah, it's a little apartment but it has big blank walls that are sooooo white.  

I had been anticipating the Penny Sale since moving in.  Just daydreaming of hanging pictures on my walls.  So, when I knew it was getting close we started picking out pictures to get printed.  I have to say, I got a pretty sweet deal on these prints - given that I know the artist.  I choose a bunch of pictures, but eventually narrowed it down to about 13.  {did I mention how big and blank my walls were?}  Then, we headed over to Aaron Brothers to scope out the frames.  

I ordered up the prints {well, Lukas did because I had to go to bed early to get up early for swimming}.  Dropped my food budget on a bunch of frames {yay for rice and beans}.  Thank goodness for the sale - this wouldn't have happened otherwise.  We spent all weekend cutting mats, cleaning frames, wiring them up and so on.  Gosh, that's a lot of standing on your feet and we felt it.  

By Monday night they were all ready to go.  I strategically planned how we could get all the hanging done, eat dinner, and make a trip to the grocery store all in one night.  The answer... Pizza My Heart!  A yummy solution that didn't require me cooking.  

I love my new pictures on the walls.  Love, love, love the way they really make this feel like home.  And how they break up those white, white walls.  

Here's a little glimpse of the pictures on the walls.  

"The Rock Show"

Natural Bridges SB

The only thing on my walls that Lukas didn't take.  This print is from Safed, Israel.  I've had it for several years now just waiting for a frame.

Fun portrait session.

Sedona, Arizona

Comments