pillow talk

I love looking for sewing inspiration on the internet - there's just so much of it. One of the best places I've found are the numerous groups on Flickr. I can look daily and see new and different stuff! Really, it was all of these inspiring projects and seeing all the beautiful fabrics that made me want to make a quilt. {gosh, that was really the last time I blogged about my quilt?!} I'm pretty sure I found the quilting bee I'm in now too through flickr - actually, maybe through a blog, but both great resources.

I had fun looking through the Pillow Talk {Swap} group pool too. Such great pillows to look at and done with such great fabrics. I jumped at the chance to join in when swap number two got started. I got a partner assigned and started "stalking". Our partners are blinded so no one knows who is making a pillow for them. It makes for some fun sneakiness and for posting little hints along the way while still keeping things a surprise.

This past weekend I finally had a chance to go to Hart's {my favorite fabric store}. I even got to see Tina there - she's a member of the Bay Area Modern Quilter's Guild too and she works at Hart's {lucky!}. {ps. see the side bar for a couple new badges - one for the quilt guild, join us if you're in the area, and one for the pillow swap} I picked out a couple Anna Maria Horner prints. I just couldn't stop feeling them! We'll see how easy they are to sew - might be a bit slippery but I've got an idea to combat that. Also picked out a bit of linen and some Hope Valley and some lace and buttons.

Duchess "helped" me plan out the pillow and now it's all set to sew up. Well, just need to do the cutting and then it's set to sew.

Comments