modern quilting

Do you like quilting? Or like to hang out with people that like quilting? Are you inspired by the amazing, modern and exciting new fabrics out there? If you've answered yes to any of these questions and you're in the San Francisco Bay Area you should come check out the Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild! The Bay Are Modern Quilt Guild is just one chapter of the greater Modern Quilt Guild and chapters are popping up all over the place. So even if you're not in the bay area there's probably a guild that's close to you. {check out the right side bar on the Modern Quilt Guild page for a list of all the chapters}

So far we've had two meetings and while we're a small group, we've had a blast. We've done fun things like swapping scraps and we're just starting to do a charity quilt for Doctors Without Boarders. My favorite part though has been the show and tell. I love seeing what everyone has done or is working on. Plus, knowing that there'd be show and tell gave me the kick in the pants I needed to finish my Mendocino quilt {yes, I know I haven't posted about it yet - I promise it's coming soon}. Oh and somehow... I ended up as treasurer. So, I'm in for a good while, but that's ok 'cause this is a great group and it's only gonna get better. You can email me or leave a message if you have any questions. I'm more than happy to give ya all the info I've got!

{p.s. check out the side bar on the quilt guild page - it' my picture! I feel so famous - well maybe that's not quite the right word, but I get super happy when I see it there.}

Comments