Hi there! I'd love to hear from you!

tethered threads::january

By Wednesday, March 3, 2010 , ,

I totally forgot to show the blocks I sewed for January. I even had to check my archives to be sure I hadn't shared about these yet. Gosh and it's already March!

This was my first time working with half-square triangles... they're fun. I thought I was so clever getting my seems to line up by pressing them in opposite directions, only to learn a little bit later that this is a pretty established trick to do.

This first block really popped with the green on the white. I had to have Lukas help me with the layout - it was horrendous prior to what you're seeing here.

The pinwheel on the second block didn't quite work. I hadn't read this post on Old Red Barn Co. yet {in my credit, the post wasn't around yet}. Lights and darks are important to keep in mind - now I know.

Tonight was spent working on the wedding dress. Grrrr... arms are tricky. I think I need to modify/redraft the sleeve pattern. But I know from experience some times it's best to walk away and come back to it another day.

Ten days and counting till the big move!

Other little bits of my life...

0 comments