easy, peasy

It's so nice when flying by the seat of your pants actually works out. Earlier this week I thought I'd try something new for dinner... without a recipe. And low and behold, it worked - eliciting a "This is pretty tasty" from Lukas.

First, this week I've had green beans coming out my ears. Extra from the week before and a big bag from Lukas's mom from her CSA box. Also, I had some peas too. I immediately thought stir fry, but I didn't want to do same old boring stir fry. So instead I added some udon noodles and a little teriyaki with chicken. And it did turn out "pretty tasty".

Here's what I did...

First - heated a frying pan with a little cooking spray and added the chicken cut to bite size. Then I sprinkled on some seasonings - lemon pepper, garlic, and italian seasoning {if I'm remembering correctly}. Once the chicken was mostly cooked and nice and browned I added in the green beans and peas. After another couple minutes I added the udon noodles and drizzled on a little teriyaki sauce - really a little goes a long way. Stirred to mix and let it heat through and that was it. Seriously, it was that easy.

Happy weekend!


Comments