the end of the day

I'm tucked in on the couch under the "ugly" blanket.  The dishes are mostly washed.  As I watch the Idol results show, the bread machine just went into the kneading cycle.  The faint scent of orange is just starting to reach my nose.  In the morning I will be waking up to San Diego Sunshine in my kitchen {not the same recipe, but similar ingredients list}.  On my windowsill sits my new glass bottle with a calla lilly and snap dragon carried home from the farmer's market.  I snuck out during my lunch break to pick up my farmer's market loot.  Besides the beautiful flowers I got rainbow chard, bok choy, strawberries, apples, and some very aromatic basil.  Oh and hickory smoked tofu.  I've been day dreaming about tomorrow's meals.  Warm bread for breakfast?  For lunch I'm thinking tofu with the basil on my fresh bread.  Mmmmm.

Two days till the weekend.  I think a mid week farmers market is the perfect pick-me-up.  Fresh flowers to brighten the house and encourage me to keep it neat.  Fresh veggies in the fridge to inspire more creative cooking.   

Comments