making :: hard workin' {huck finn hat}

hard workin' :: huck fin hat

I think I might have a problem.  Picking out the fabrics for this little Huck Finn Cap took me close to an hour.  And I didn't actually stray very far from the choices I made the first time around.  I hemmed and hawed, but finally decided you can't go wrong with some herringbone flannel and happy 'scary' creatures.

I had planned to get this done before the baby shower, but that didn't quite happen.  Everything got cut in the early morning hours before work.  Then the onesie and little pants took precedence - the onesie HAD to be done and the pants were going to be the quickest sew.  Imagine my surprise though, when I sat down the following weekend to start working on the cap.  It came together in one day and not too much longer than the pants.  {Still it took another week just to get it to the post office!}

This time around I opted to sew the 2T-4T size and hope to get some more wearability out of it.  Fingers crossed!

And now for the fun pictures... the handmade leather tool bag seemed to be the perfect photo backdrop.  

hard workin' :: huck finn hat

Comments