ice parfait {mosaic challenge}

ice parfait::mosaic contest

After I made my first mosaic for Rachel's mosaic challenge I kept coming back to the theme of the contest - ice parfait.  I'm not sure about anyone else, but whenever I hear the word 'parfait' I can't but help think about the scene from Shrek where Shrek and Donkey are discussing how ogres have layers.
Shrek: [peels an onion] NO! Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers... You get it? We both have layers. 
[walks off]
Donkey: Oh, you both have LAYERS. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions. CAKE! Everybody loves cake! Cakes have layers! 
Shrek: I don't care what everyone likes! Ogres are not like cakes. 
Donkey: You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait."? Parfaits are delicious! 
Shrek: NO! You dense, irritating, miniature beast of burden! Ogres are like onions! End of story! Bye-bye! See ya later.
 And once I was thinking about layers I remembered being out on a chilly photography adventure with Lukas.  As the temperature kept dropping, I watched ice form across the puddles around us.  It formed in layers.  The ice grew in fractured lines and odd angles.  A few hints of fall color in dropped leaves got stuck in the ice along with grasses that lined the water.  The surface was frosty, but deeper the light stopped penetrating and things got almost black.  So I imagined 'ice parfait' like that - the colors and textures of ice forming across puddles. 

________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Post a Comment