sew baby {quick change trousers}

sewing
Some of my favorite sewing is for babies. Cute fabrics, sweet little patterns and almost instant gratification - little projects just come together so quickly. In March I sewed up a storm for this little girl. I checked out Handmade Beginnings from the library and made the little hoodie. The pattern and directions were easy to follow and I loved how it turned out. So... I checked the book out again to sew for another little girl.

quick change
This time I landed on the Quick Change Trousers. A cute little pair of reversible pants, perfectly made for pairing a couple cute fabrics. And aside for being designed for a quick change on baby, these are quick to sew up. I used a Heather Ross print in pink from my favorite line - Mendocino. And a tan, small whale corduroy was the perfect match.

quick change
{rumpled goodness}

quick change
The 'B' side might be a bit on the busy side, but I still think it's cute. But even cuter still... these little booties. {tend to be a go-to baby project for me} For these I went a little more modern with the fabric choices - a little less "baby". And I got to use fabric from my tiny little stash.

baby booties
baby booties
I wrapped these two items up in fabric with sock monkeys on pogo sticks and brought them over to the little girl - almost 7 weeks old already! I soaked up some time with the sweet family while I could. They move in a week.

The next book I got out of the library...{Wee Wonderfuls}. Good thing I know a few little girls.

Happy sewing!

Comments

  1. They have a 7 week old and they are moving! Oh my, that's a lot.

    Super cute baby shoes. Oh the list of things to make for my daughter just gets longer and longer. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those projects are just too cute. I love the fabric you chose for each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes are precious, and I love the pants. Lucky baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment