Hi there! I'd love to hear from you!

green garden goodness

By Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Some how I've managed not to completely kill my little garden. In the weeks leading up to the wedding I completely neglected it. I'd pretty much completely forgotten all about it.

So, when we came back from the wedding and had opened all our gifts and gotten settled again I finally remembered that I had a garden. I was quite happily surprised to find that the foot-tall pea plants that I remembered having were now over 4 feet tall. My beans had managed to get bigger despite their early bout with earwigs. The lettuce was growing strong and even a couple carrots were actually starting to grow. It was definitely a happy surprise.

Now the peas are really coming in. Last week I picked this bowl-full of them. They were so sweet and crisp right from the vine. It made me so happy to be out in the summer evening sun picking my peas. I couldn't even bring myself to cook them up for dinner they were just so tasty raw that I saved them for my lunch time snack. And on Monday I picked another bowl-full and there's even more out there now.

I'll be bummed when the peas are done growing. But for now I'm loving all the yummy garden goodness.

Other little bits of my life...

0 comments