Quilt Story :: Snail-intines

 


When Erin posted this pattern in our pattern tester group chat and suggested it could be a Valentine's swap, I couldn't resist joining the fun. The plan was that each person would sew up the full pattern but using the same fabrics for each snail, and then half would travel through the mail to be matched up with your partner's snail. Too cute! 

I had a blast choosing fabrics that reminded me of snails and gardens, and fit the color scheme - blues and "snail" colors. Using mollusk-inspired fabrics for a mollusk might make me a big fabric nerd, and I'm ok with that. I wasn't intentional about the fabric placement for the yellow, but I loved the way the flower leaves looked like part of the snail head. My partner sewed up the pink side, and it was pure serendipity that we both picked polka dots. The match was meant to be. 

I finished this up just in time to give it to a friend for Valentine's Day. A perfect little hug in mini-quilt form. 






Comments