{Net Zero Fabric} Looking back at January



And just like that or, as all the memes go, 81 days later, January 2024 is in the books. Here's quick look back at how I did fabric stash-wise. I'll be back (next week?) with a post on my fabric stash goals for February.  

Let's keep this Net Zero Fabric thing going! 

- everyone is welcome, make space and do what works for you.

My three goals for January were:

  1. Add fabrics to destash
  2. Clean up fabric that is out
  3. Check-in with community
{Destash}
I made a little dent in my fabric stash by pulling together a few bundles to list in my Instagram Destash account. Some sold, but I've still got most of them sitting in a pile, waiting for a new home. Partly, selling personal fabrics online is a waiting game. But part of the slowness has come from a massive change in how Instagram displays hashtags. Users can no longer see everything from a hashtag in chronological order. Thus, #TheGreatFabricDestash isn't as effective as it once was. I had my eye out for other destashing options but didn't try anything else this month. 

{Clean up}
I did manage to pick up and put away most of the fabrics that were out, laying around in piles. It felt great to not have this cluttering up my space, but I was reminded I need more space and still have plenty of fabrics that I could destash. In my cleaning up, I found a couple fat quarters I'd bought in the last year just because and sent those along to friends who'll actually use them and love them more than I did. It was fun way to clean up and connect with friends.

{Check-in}
Each week in January I checked in via Instagram. I was proud of this consistency and love the growing supportive community this project is building. I wanted to be more active with connecting, but found a balance that worked well for me. I plan to continue weekly check-ins and if you want a reminder, I'd be happy to tag you when I post. I'm more successful when I have accountability and I bet you are too! Let's do it together. 




Links from this post:


Comments