making :: baby J

baby J
Oh, I can totally whip up a little baby quilt in a few days... except, NOT!  I was excited to hold our friend's new little guy and with a few days to spare I thought I'd throw together a sweet and simple baby quilt.  That was just about 6 months ago.  The top got done and maybe it even got quilted, but it was going to take too many late nights to get this finished in time.  And so that first baby holding day came and went.  The baby was sweet; the quilt wasn't done.

And then... MONTHS went by.  Oooops!  Finally, Lukas prompted me to "just get it done!" and so I did.  It only took a couple more bus rides of stitching while we crossed the Bay Bridge.  Quite cozy, in my lap.  Since we hadn't found time to go over the hill recently, this headed off to it's new home in a mail last Friday.  At least, the baby is still a baby when he'll be getting his new quilt.  They got it on Saturday and it just so happened that things worked out and I got to have lunch with them on Sunday.  Darn, could have gifted it in person!  

:: quilt stats ::
approximately 36" square
fabric - Anthology - The Woodlands {out of print}
+ a green plaid flannel & minky on the backside

baby J

baby J

Comments