SPT - time

This is my first time doing a SPT. I've been thinking about participating for some time when I first came across these blogging prompts. This time I knew exactly what I would blog about. If you had one extra hour, all to yourself, what would you do?

I would spend my extra hour here, at the beach. Especially, the day after a long hard rain and the sun has broken through the clouds. This past year in L.A. has made me come to love rainy days. Yes, the drivers don't have a clue what to do in rain. They either still drive like maniacs or they go super duper slow. But, the rain is amazing. It dampens the city and reminds me of home. And the day after a long hard rain the air is so clean. Case in point, see below. I never knew it until now, but there are mounts to the east of L.A. and they get snow caps.It was amazing. I could see for miles and miles and miles. But anyways, to get back to the beach. This is where I would choose to spend an extra hour of my time (if parking wasn't a pain). To just get a chance to dig my toes in the sand, read my book to the sound of crashing waves, and let the warm sand trickle absentmindedly through my fingers.

Then the clouds rolled back in. Another storm was coming.
The rain began again. It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention but the fulfilment of its own nature, which was to fall and fall.
Helen Garner



Comments

  1. welcome to spt! spending an hour on the beach is a great way to decompress...only i tend to get agitated with the sand in my car afterwards!!

    hope to read more of your posts soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment