{Net Zero Fabric} February + March




Just about halfway through March and I'm finally taking a moment to settle in to the Net Zero Fabric challenge. (scroll to the bottom of this post for the February review) This is my reminder that, while motivating, this challenge is not life. Life is filled with endless laundry, daily meals, and errands. Home and family needing attention. Finding moments to relax, breath, and create. Remembering to fill and drink my water. The trail of ants to the crumbs under the table.  I'll continue to squeeze in a little sewing. I'll look for a pocket of time to build a fabric destash. I'll remember to breath. 

Carrying on with Net Zero Fabric - everyone is welcome, make space and do what works for you.

My goals for this month are:

  1. Destash
  2. Catch up on Positivities BOM
  3. Sew with the kids
{Destash}
After sitting in a box, waiting to be bought off my IG destash page I finally passed along (via: local buy nothing group) the set of fabrics I'd pulled from my stash. I don't miss them or the space they were taking up. As I write this, I'm reminded to add them to my net zero fabric tracking spreadsheet. This month, I'd like to fill the destash box again and I think, this time, I'll create a Feel Good Fibers shop for them. My actionable goals for destashing this month... {1} create fabric bundles, {2} weigh and photograph, {3} list to FGF.

{Catch up on Positivities BOM}
Last month, I focused on small finishes and I loved both the creating and how finishing moved fabric out. But it also meant that I didn't make time to sew on my BOM. I'm working on letting go of the shame of not staying current. Mostly, this is tied to feeling like a missed opportunity for connection and community as the group of makers working on the BOM together move forward without me. Except, I KNOW this not to be true. I KNOW, we each work at our own speed. I KNOW, there is nothing I am missing out on. I KNOW, this project is still meaningful to me. So... mind and heart, get on the same page, please! 

And on that heart note, this goal - which gets me using up fabric - is a reminder of what I want in this life we're creating. I crave the connection with my family. Finding joy together. Creating, crafting, sharing, laughing. I'm reminded to let the kids in. This is OUR space.  



Links from this post:


  




Comments