Quilt Story :: sunshine & anemone

  

:: Mini Quilt for project quilting 15.2 ::

The prompt for Project Quilting 15.2 was "Take inspiration from the colors of the sky, but exclude or use less than 10% of the usual blue." Immediately I thought of fog - the vail that mutes colors and sounds - mysterious and calm. I wanted to try improv, ruler-free piecing, and pulled fabrics from my scrap bag that matched the mood I hoped to create. I pieced two nine-patch blocks, a little log cabin, and a very wonky star. I used more scraps to puzzle them together. This piece was quilted with loosely straight lines and finished with a faced binding with integrated hanging corners. It finishes at 8" x 8".



:: sunshine & anemone - mini quilt ::

:: back side - faced binding with integrated hanging corners ::

:: detail ::

in a sunshine plastic boat
past the gentle break
salt aquamarine edge dampened fog
laughter tumbled past sticky lungs
spongy pores rung out water
held tight, eased away, through pull, swell, and crash
anemone and pearl land at my feet


For Sale: 

sunshine & anemone mini quilt, $45 
8" x 8"
cotton fabric scraps
faced with integrated hanging corners

email to inquire: megan.a.wenger@gmail.com



Comments

  1. What a cute little quilt. Your stitching looks so good. The colors and fabrics are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much. I really enjoyed creating this.

      Delete
  2. This is stunning! love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The inspiration really got me thinking and I loved the improve exploration in these colors.

      Delete

Post a Comment