Iceland 2023 :: let in the sky

 


In June of 2023, we spent two weeks traveling around Iceland in a camper van. We set our own agenda and moved with the light, searching out cascading water and jaw-dropping landscapes. We found a family trip of a lifetime and the memories of more than a few sheep who live on the edge (of the road).

As I looked back through the video clips and worked to pull together this movie, I was reminded I could do a better job of getting myself in the shots. Yet, as I watch everything back, it is abundantly clear that this was MY view. I get a sense of my presence even when I'm not shown. My journal entries from the trip are sparse but filled with moments of utter contentment. Lukas took pictures, the kids played outside, and I cooked hotdog vegetable soup on our one-burner stove. In a magical way, we had the world to ourselves. Everything felt like a long, steady exhale and sinking in to the life we want to create.




Comments