a little bit of :: these days

washing out the pilot - his last flight

It's been some time since I've made it a regular practice to post the daily goings-on. I miss it, though I have been recording a couple lines a day in my 5 year journal my sister got me for my birthday. That's a fun practice at the end of each day and good time to reflect about what made that day different - especially when they all seem so much the same.


:: I was excited to travel to DC for a training for work. And just as excited to head home. Loads of learning packed into two days.

:: love feeling the baby kicks and choosing not to believe how much bigger and rounder my belly is gonna get.

:: waking up a 4am is no fun, but I'm working on better dinner prep so we can head to bed earlier. Here's to lots of cooking preparations this weekend.

:: looking forward to having friends over for dinner tomorrow.

:: happy to have started the garden and hoping to share pictures of it soon. (4am wake-ups are making that difficult).

:: I more than ready for the weekend!


unrelated...
Mini Book Review: My Pantry by Alice Waters
This book is filled with practical advice... now I just need to find the time to follow through on some of it's suggestions and recipes. I like the simple layout and it's straightforward approach to building a pantry. But I do think it could have benefitted from some vivid photos and less dense text.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Comments