habits of home :: hanukah

happy hanukah

The first night, I hurried home while chatting with a woman from work I hadn't seen in a long time.  We got to talking and she almost missed her station to transfer.  At home I ran right out to get potatoes and an onion - latkes.  We sang songs while the candles burned.  That first night was a bit rocky, but fun.  By the third night I think we're getting back into the song singing grove.  

Each night now the blue twinkle lights are going.  Maybe tonight will be the night I remember to set up the menorah in a less drafty spot.  With the heater running the warm breeze tries to blow out the candles and they burn, momentarily, at a rakish angle.  

I look forward to these evenings.  

{this just a quick post, more in the style of a daily picture...}  

Comments