sweet child of mine




When Adrianne posted about this fun contest going on at Sew Mama Sew! it couldn't help myself, but play along. Like lots of other people, upon hearing the theme for this week's contest the first thing that came to mind was the Guns N' Roses song. The goal of the contest? Pick 12 fat quarters that fit the theme. Pretty simple right?



First things first, I pulled up the lyrics because while I might be able to sing along I'm not one to quibble over getting every word completely right. But hey! If I'm gonna build a fat quarter bundle of fabrics that fit the theme I better make sure I fully "understand" the theme. And after immersing myself in the words of the song, the color that was repeated over and over was BLUE.



I remembered the Anna Maria print with the big roses - and it just so happened to have blue {with orange!}. So I was sold on that print. From there I selected fabrics I thought might go, threw them all into the pinterest board they had asked each person to create, and then tossed out the ones that didn't really play nice with the others. At first I was having trouble getting to the required 12 fabrics, but then I was having trouble narrowing it down to just 12. Oh the fun world of playing with fabric {even if it's just virtual play}!



Interested in playing along? I'm pretty sure you've still got a few more hours to get your fabric bundle picked out and entered for this week's theme. What are you waiting for?



Oh... want to see the rest of the 12 fabrics I selected? Just go here to check it out: Sew,Mama,Sew! #FatQuaterIdol Sweet Child of Mine.

Comments

Post a Comment