Quilt Story :: Sunrise Dance & Moonlight Prance Quilt

 

Sunrise Dance Quilt

This has sat in my drafts folder since December of 2022 with a couple pictures and the words "give this some writing. but ah!!!!" What can I say? I like to write, but that doesn't mean it always comes easy. Still, this quilt deserves a moment to have its story told.

It all started with a fabric pull in May of 2021 to test the Tiled Diamond Quilt Pattern for Jenn B Quilts. I didn't have a recipient in mind when I gathered my fabrics, but it seemed meant to be. My friend and running buddy (let's start running again, Serena) is a children's book author, and her first two books were released around the time I was sewing this quilt. The dance floor-inspired pattern fit perfectly with the dancing happy animals in her books. The colors matched Serena and the books. These days, it puts a smile on my face when I stop by her house and see the quilt on the couch - not styled, just part of everyday life. 



Links from this post:

Comments