a minor disappointment

So, I have been excitedly watching the strawberries begin to grow on my little plant in the big black bucket on my little patio. I have been patiently waiting as the first one began to show signs of pink and then began to turn red. I was so sure that any day now it would be ready to pick, all plump and juicy, pure summer. So, imagine my disappointment this morning when I stopped my watering to bend down and check it's progress only to find it wasn't as red as I remembered. The color had just faded away. Upon further investigation (read, turning it over) I found the back side had become completely covered in MOLD! Ewwww. So disappointing I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture of it. It went directly into the trash. Now all my hopes are pinned on the next little berries that are coming in.
Here's to second chances!

Comments